Sunday, May 17, 2015

List of Publication Credits


I haven't had much to say because I'm shocked I'm still in Iowa.

Truly shocked.
 
It is nearly impossible to work through college without loans and working through college with loans is still a hardscrabble existence.

I shouldn't be possible that I'm still here right now,

but I am, just putting myself though college and working full time.

I also have to catch up on a million unwriterly tasks I let accumulate such as laundry, cleaning out the fridge, and meal planning.  

And a million pre-writing activities such as making a calendar of next years contest deadlines, finding new journals to submit to, finding prompts.

In the meantime here are links to this years publications:

"Physics" printed in the Cornell chapbook Poetry for Science

"City on a Hill" printed in the Cedar Valley Divide

"Panic" printed in the Open Field (an earlier draft appears here)

"For the Neighbor at Christmas" printed in the Open Field winner of an American Academy of Poets Prize

"Wilderness"* printed in the Open Field, winner of the Reader's Choice Award for Prose and the Clyde D. Tull Prize for Excellence in Prose.

and my new bio:

Maria is a non-traditional student at Cornell College in Mt. Vernon, Iowa. She is the winner of a 2014 Ned Foskey Prize for Poetry, a 2015 Academy of American Poets Award, a 2015 Clyde D. Tull Award for Prose, and a 2015 Reader's Choice Award. Her work appears in the Cedar Valley Divide and the Open Field.

*Sorry folks, this one is not going up online. If you would like to seek out a print copy let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment